Hi everyone, I decided to come back from holiday mode a little earlier than imagined and for one very good reason.
People need help.
I guess by now many of you would have heard about the widespread flooding in Queensland. I believe an area the size of France and Germany combined is underwater as empty creek beds and dry river systems have filled and combined to form a vast inland sea. There has been flash flooding and walls of water described as an 'inland tsunami' devastating whole towns - ripping up houses, throwing cars around and taking lives, many of them children.
Toni from Make it Perfect contacted me yesterday and asked if I could help.
Yes. I will.
Help will come in the form of auctions. - they will be popping up on blog sites and Facebook everywhere, keep an eye on Toni's blog for a list of those. If we stand together we can all make a difference in the lives of someone we will never meet.
You may remember I worked at a retreat in March last year. It was at Highfields - Toowoomba, one of the towns hit hard along with it's surrounding areas. I know there are many lovely quilters in that part of the world who will be effected in some way - along with wonderful shops and shop owners.
I can't sit and do nothing.
OK. I am putting up one of my quilts for auction so you may have a piece of the Cinderberry Stitches collection in your home.
I will let the pictures do the talking.
Ok, so here are the details about the quilt:
It's called Vintage Garden......you may have seen it.
Made by me - Natalie Lymer
She measures 53 inches square (135cm), it consist of nine different blocks - one hand appliqued block and eight stitchery designs. The stitchery designs feature the original and infamous Cinderberry 'fluffy birds' as seen in the images above along with bird houses and homes all hand sewn - each block is different. It has been machine pieced and machine quilted - it's the actual quilt that appears on the pattern cover and was also pictured in Homespun Magazine.
The quilt is in perfect condition, like I just made it yesterday.
So this is how it works - please read carefully...
How this auction works:
1. There is no reserve on this auction.
2. You can place a bid by leaving a comment on this blog post with your bid amount and email address. Please make sure that your bid is higher than the previous bidder.
3. Your bid must be in whole dollar increments (Australian dollars please) .
4. This auction is open to everyone. I will cover the cost of postage.
5. The auction begins NOW and will END at midnight 9pm on Monday 24th January 2011.
6. At the close of the auction, I will contact the winner (please ensure your bid comment includes your email address). The winner will pay the winning amount directly into the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal and send me proof of payment via email. Once proof of payment has been received, I will post your quilt to you.
7. Happy bidding everyone and be thankful your feet are dry.
Any other questions, please feel free to ask me.
NB. Auction closed 9pm / 24th January 2011