Yay for our new pattern The Toymaker, it seems you love it as much as I do!
Here are a few close up shots of the design, I hope to answer a few of your (emailed) questions regarding the stitch and design - if I miss something or you would like to know more information please send me a message via the blog or direct email / facebook.
Disclaimer: stitching is addictive once you begin...
- Yes, the little envelope is little - at only 3" x 4" complete.
- See the stamp in the corner? - it measures 1/2" square, the snowman inside the stamp is teeny tiny. It's kind of hard for you to tell when I use the macro lens.
- Yes, I love detail....eeeek!
- All the embroidery is hand stitched - just simple stitches (backstitch, chain stitch, running stitch, satin stitch)
- Chocolate has been known to make you stitch more neatly. Must be something in the cocoa :)
- I have used red 346 COSMO embroidery floss for the entire design, you will need 2 x skeins to make all three projects.
- The fabric I am using to stitch with at the moment is called Hankey Linen, it comes in an array of gorgeous colors (white, red, aqua, hesian, cerise) and is beautiful cloth to work with.
- The thread I use for 'quilting' is DMC #8 perle thread
- I love using a ZIG pen in brown to draw my designs directly onto the fabric (ultra fine tip the finer the better)....
- I always use a embroidery frame when stitching (that's a whole other story I will blog about shortly) mine is a square one not round.
- One of my favorite parts of the sketching process is giving each creature or character his/her own personality. It could be just two dots and a dash but that moment when they smile back at me is simply awesome.
Hopefully I have answered a few of your emails and questions with just one blog post...is there anything I have missed?